Position Title: Business Analyst Student
Hourly Wage: $18 to $22 (35 hours per week)
Company: Family Solutions Group
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (This position will be a mix of remote and onsite work)
This is a summer employment position with the intent to transition to a fall/winter internship.
Family Solutions Group provides administrative support for linked human services agencies. These administrative services include overall management and governance, research and development, accounting services, HR services, and marketing and advertising.
We are looking for a Business Analyst Student who can help support our agencies’ growth and knowledge management. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Mapping processes using visualization tools
- Establishing links between policies, processes, and procedures
- Centralizing and organizing information for easy access
- Assisting in the preparation of other documentation that supports business analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and compliance
- Engaging staff across the organization to understand business systems and processes
- Gathering information through interviews, observation, and other elicitation techniques
- Currently enrolled in a recognized post-secondary program in computer science, general business, or another related field
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong systems thinking and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask
- Familiarity with business process mapping, continuous improvement, and compliance reporting would be an asset
- Experience working with SharePoint would be an asset
- Experience working with WordPress would be an asset
Thank you for your interest in Family Solutions Group.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2021
Start Date: June 7, 2021