Position Title: Business Operations Manager
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $72,000 to $92,000 (1.0 FTE)
Company: Family Solutions Group
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Family Solutions Group (FSG) is seeking a Business Operations Manager to maximize our company’s operating capabilities and growth trajectory, through the coordination and monitoring of business operations, finances, human resources, and marketing departments.
This is a new position with the Family Solutions Group, which is the executive management agency for the related agencies, Kells Counselling (for-profit) and Crossroads Family Services (not-for-profit). Previously, different elements of these operational portfolios were shared amongst the team.
The Business Op Family Solutions Group (FSG) is seeking a Business Operations Manager to maximize our company’s operating capabilities and growth trajectory, through the coordination and monitoring of business operations, finances, human resources, and marketing departments. erations Manager will collaborate with FSG senior management to find efficiencies and execute business strategies. They will be responsible for managing a range of day-to-day business operations for various portfolios as well as coordinating business development strategies. They will additionally have a pivotal role in overseeing various business units finances and developing and maintaining human resources best practices.
Intelligence, flexibility, and a sense of humor are essential to work at Family Solutions Group. The FSG work environment is healthy, but very fast paced. A strong ability to work collaboratively within a team, and be highly motivated and self-driven, are critical to this new role. The successful candidate must be nimble, resourceful, and demonstrate forward-thinking skills. As well, this incoming leader must embody a high level of professionalism and business acumen.
Finally, as the mandate for all agency programs is to ‘Make Wellness Possible’, we require a key team member who can both personally and professionally embody our mission.
Business Operations Manager Responsibilities:
NOTE: Role responsibilities are subject to change based on the workplace demands.
Liaise with senior management and supervisors to ensure effective operations.
- Work with both the existing senior management team, and emerging leadership.
- Strengthen systems for successful succession transition.
- Plan and implement effective human resources processes (including policy and procedures, onboarding, supervision, reviews, personnel files, and termination).
- Collaborate with other agency HR staff to ensure efficient operations.
- Empower and motivate staff, by building and supporting our healthy workplace.
- Work with the FSG financial lead team, as well as the Head of Accounting, to oversee financial department for the Family Solutions Group agencies. This will include working with the business operations teams from the various FSG agencies.
- Employ methods to monitor and manage company costs within specified departments.
- Implement business practices to increase efficiencies within the agency group.
- Manage and monitor contracts for FSG services and programs.
- Facilitate production and application to funding sources, such as grants etc.
- Maximize operating potential to exceed customers’ expectations and company goals.
- Develop and implement strategies to further grow FSG’s business.
- Oversee marketing initiatives that will drive growth and increase FSG’s market share.
Business Operations Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience successfully managing a complex enterprise human resources, operations, or business development department(s).
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage both online and paper requirements.
- Proficient ability in understanding and interpreting information from various financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow.
- A proven track record of entrepreneurial thinking and ability to plan and implement marketing and/or business development strategies.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables and tasks based on FSG needs.
- Proficient ethical leadership abilities and genuine respect for our mandate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with three years projections into the future.
- References that confirm a high level of professional integrity.
Family Solutions Group Offers:
Family Solutions Group provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Family Solutions Group provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this dynamic and challenging position with Family Solutions Group, please submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume.
Our employees are provided with competitive compensation packages.
- 40.0 hours per week with a flexible schedule
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Excellent benefits and wellness spending plan
- RRSP with an employer match
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Opportunity for Career Advancement
- Monday to Friday work schedule, with onsite, free parking
Thank you for your interest in Family Solutions Group.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Candidates contacted will be required to complete a written component.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.